Welcome to the Book Club discussion for The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan. Below is a list of discussion questions to get the conversation started. We are excited to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Feel free to answer all the questions, or pick and choose a few questions to discuss!
- Describe Nina: just how socially and/or professionally unprepared is she to face a world outside of a library?
- Are library closings a growing trend, or will they be several years from now? What is happening in your own community; are funds being cut to libraries, hours shortened, books not bought, staff not hired? What does the future hold for libraries, and how are they coping with the digital age?
- What are some of the struggles Nina undergoes to get her dream library off the ground? Talk about the decisions she has to make. Does the van seem like an overly risky venture for someone like Nina?
- Describe the village of Kirrinfief, including the characters who populate it. Whom did you find most intriguing? What was village life like without books?
- Did you predict the ending?
Questions from litlovers.
Not a Hello Book Lover subscriber? Subscribe today on our website!