Welcome to the Book Club discussion for My Not So Perfect Life by Sophie Kinsella. Below is a list of discussion questions to get the conversation started. We are excited to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Feel free to answer all the questions, or pick and choose a few questions to discuss!
- Describe Katie Brenner. Are there aspects of her life you relate to…as someone unsure in her job…or worried about social acceptance…or dissatisfied with the path her life has taken?
- What does the title suggest in terms of one of the book’s central themes. How is life never quite so perfect as we would wish? Whose life is not so perfect in the novel?
- Describe Demeter. What do you think of her? Does she remind you, say, of Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada? Is she overly stereotyped, or have you known people like her?
- Consider the “big-sister” talk that Katie has with Coco. What do both Coco and Hal learn about their mother. What, in fact, does Katie learn about Demeter?
- Ultimately, what does Katie learn about herself and the things that matter most in life?
Questions from Litlovers.
Not a Hello Book Lover subscriber? Subscribe today on our website!