Welcome to the Book Club discussion for The Shark Club by Ann Kidd Taylor. Below is a list of discussion questions to get the conversation started. We are excited to hear your thoughts in the comments section below. Feel free to answer all the questions, or pick and choose a few questions to discuss!
- What are your feelings about sharks? Do you think they have been maligned? Do you feel differently about them since reading The Shark Club? Would you like to swim alongside them?
- Despite being twins, Robin and Maeve have few interests or personality traits in common. In what ways was each of them shaped by their parents’ deaths? In what ways do they compensate for each other?
- If Maeve had forgiven Daniel and continued with their engagement, what do you imagine their marriage would have been like?
- On some level, both Daniel and Robin seem to feel that Maeve loves sharks more than she loves them. If their gender roles were reversed, and Maeve was a globe-trotting male scientist and they were women, would they have felt as resentful?
- Who is your favorite character in the novel? Why?
Questions from publisher.
New to Hello Book Lover? Find the perfect book box for you on our website!